BlogWall.

lml (-_-) lml

Friday, September 2, 2011

CURRENTLY 9/2/11

I am still reading NOT WITHOUT HOPE by Nick Schuyler.
I am now on page 215, which means I read 102 pages (totalling a whopping 208 !!!)

My three favorite sentences are as follows:
1) "Getting back on the boat was like trying to throw your leg over the saddle of a hourse, except that it was a sharp, jagged, moving, bouncing saddle. And the horse's head wasn't smooth and furry, it was the motor, and it was sharp, metallic, cold, and bucking."
I really liked this similie because it took something like a beautiful, graceful horse and made it into something vicious and ready to strike.

2) "We were scared, too, but I wanted them to know that we were fighting, and as long as they were looking, we would keep fighting."
I liked the inspiration included in this sentence. It really ties the the title of the book to it as well.

3) "A parent shouldn't have to bury a child. It should be the other way around. No one is strong enough for that."
Even though it's a sad, scary thought, it is true. It would suck to have to bury a parent, but a child is a completely whole new level. It was well said, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment