BlogWall.

lml (-_-) lml

Friday, October 21, 2011

Currently 10/21/11

This week I have read 101 pages in my book Breaking Dawn by Stephanie Meyers. This means I have read a total of 1016 pages this semester.


My three favorite posts and sentences from the Style Mapping are...

1. Contrasting the opening of The Guns of August , Tuchman portrays a sophisticated view of regality that harmoniously prescribes a session of kings.
This sentence is from the blog of The Lost Message of Words. I really liked this sentence because it is contrasting another writing and it uses sophisticate diction but i've never heard the word regality.
2. Up Your Score on the other hand, speaks with a mixture of intricate words and slang pop-culture references that are very punctuated, straightforward at times, but somewhat suggestive, and often light.
This sentence is from the blog of Comtemplations. I liked this sentence because of the diction and way that it is said and described.
3. The book Catcher in the Rye provides a excessivly low connotation with an evident harshness.
This sentence comes from That One Guy's Blog. I really liked this one because I enjoyed the book Catcher in the Rye and I agree with the statement made.

There ya have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment